|The Shree Swaminarayan Cultural Complex and community center was inaugurated on the morning of 20th October, 2000, by HDH Pramukh Swami Maharaj.
A large Maha Pooja ritual was attended by over 1000 people. Senior sadhus of Bochasanwasi Shree Akshar Purushottam Sanstha officiated at the ritual. His Holiness performed a brief Vedic sacrament at the grand portico entrance of the Haveli styled building. Loosening the sacred Nada Chhadi tied across the center carved doorway, His Holiness first asked that Lord Swaminarayan's metalic image, Lord Harikrishna Maharaj, be carried into the Haveli foyer. His Holiness followed. At his side were Robert J Schillerstrom-Du Page County Board Chairman, Hank Gianvecchio - Bloomingdale Township Assesor and Niranjan Shah of Globetrotters Engineering Corporation, James Bergstorm of Ragner Benson Inc., the construction company, the architects Arun Pradhan and George Papadupolous, and various other dignitaries.
An arti was performed under the skylight of the exquisitively wood carved foyer, after which the entire group took a brief tour of the building. In the following assembly, HDH Pramukh Swami Maharaj explained the need for the transmission of culture and tradition to future generations, and how cultural complexes such as the Swaminarayan one, are a source of inspiration and strength to the Indian community.
The Du Page County Board Chairman Mr.Robert J. Schillerstrom also gifted HDH Pramukh Swami Maharaj a proclamation praising him and BAPS for the community services rendered to Du Page County over the past several years.