The District of Jamnagar
was hit by a massive drought in the middle of 1992. Villages and
cities like Jamnagar, Jodiya, Bhanvad, Jamkalyanpur and Dhrol
were the worst hit.
- 27 Buttermilk distribution centres
- 300 kg. of specially made nutrient
biscuits were distributed everyday.
- A total 5,000 kg. of food grains
distributed in the area
- 250,000 kg. of sugarcane distributed
for oxen and cows in the effected area
- 17,000 bundles of grass distributed
in the Khambhat area
- Grass was also distributed to
8,000 cattle heads in Kutch